Tesla Megapack Fire in Australia Blamed on Undetected Coolant Leak

MELBOURNE—A fire that damaged two Tesla Inc battery units at a huge energy storage project in Australia in July was caused by a coolant leak that went undetected during start-up tests, a state watchdog said in a report released on Tuesday. Safety regulators on Tuesday cleared the so-called Victoria Big Battery project, run by French renewables firm Neoen SA, to resume testing at the site near Melbourne. However the safety regulator Energy Safe Victoria said it will now determine whether there have been any breaches of the state’s electricity safety rules and “if so, whether enforcement action is warranted.” Neoen said it is working with Tesla to ensure the 450 megawatt-hour energy storage project is ready for the Australian summer, which begins in December. Testing will resume on Wednesday. “We have taken the time to understand the cause of the incident and we have implemented actions to ensure it will …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Next Post

Time to Put an End to Vilifying the Unvaccinated

Tue Sep 28 , 2021
Commentary Society loves a scapegoat. It’s comforting to be part of a majority that can point at a minority to blame for their ills. The scapegoats that we are ostracizing today are those who are choosing not to get vaccinated. As an exhausted population deals with the fourth wave of […]
Time to Put an End to Vilifying the Unvaccinated

Chief Editor

Johny Watshon

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur

Quick Links

Newsletter Signup

Sign up now and never miss a thing!

You're Signed Up!

Now that you are signed up, we will send you exclusive offers periodically.